Saturday, August 21, 2010

House Warming Gift


I met Audra almost 10 years ago. My hubby DJ'd with her hubby. We clicked. It wasn't because our husbands were friends, but more because she was made from my own heart. We have been friends ever since. We have seen each others children grow up. She is the type of friend you'd want on your side. That ride or die chick, got your back, loyal type of friend. And she has been that for me. Her home has been at times a home away from home for me. With the late night DJ sessions, chat sessions, or kick it sessions. She always welcomes everyone into her home and most of the time is throwin' down in the kitchen, catering to the masses that fill their home. They just recently remodeled their living room and kitchen. It's BEAUTIFUL! This is my little gift to her to remind her just how much I love her. I hope she likes it! *fingers crossed*


I started with a piece of MDF and had it cut down to size. This was the 4th board for this project. Only because I am picky when it comes to the finished product. I'm a bit OCD about it. lol. I had to go down to Home Depot myself and make sure the cuts were right. I use a roller as opposed to the foam brushes. I don''t like the brush strokes, and it covers more area, faster :)

This is the vinyl that Silly Vinyl Design has been working on for me. I can't thank her enough for taking her time on the images I sent her. I think it turned out fabulous! I had to cut out the middle because the medallion is so ornate, I didn't want to risk tearing it.
The finished product!

7 comments:

Kiki Fangupo said...

LOVE it Verlynn!!!! that looks great!

SillyVinylDesign said...

AMAZING!!! Ur Amazing!!! it's beautiful!!!

LEVATAU'S said...

GREAT JOB as usual!! I LOVE the colors used!!!

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

I LOVE it cuz! So when are you gonna invite me over for a craft session? I'm serious :) LOVE!

Kiki Fangupo said...

did you modge podge over the vinyl?

NONU6 said...

Thank you so much ladies!

@ Leti, anytime! As long as you can fit me into your busy scedule, its a date lol!

@ Kiki. Nope, I modge podged the board after painting it to seal it, especially because I didn't use a glossy paint. But not over the vinyl.

T*Family said...

Audra's remodeled home is beautiful. And now your beautiful work will add to it.. Love this one too!!