Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jewelry Tree/Accesory Tree

Plato said that necessity is the mother of invention.. well this isn't really an invention, more like a necessity! Ha!
My girls have reached that age where they aren't really into the clippy thing. They are more into headbands, and ribbons. So this
would be mostly useless to them. They needed something that could pull double duty for hair accessories and jewelry. I don't know why the word jewelry sounded so grown up. Not just to me, they thought it did too. Especially when I suggested a jewelry tree. As if that weren't bad enough, I showed them a picture and their facial expressions said it all. "Ewwww mom... what is that!"
So I had to come up with something so I could redeem myself. I had to try and melded the two above into one and it had to be appealing to my little (picky) girls.
And that is how The Accessory Tree was born! Or grown?! Yeah. I know. The name is sooo not the business. Oh well. I hope you like it as much as they did.




We started off with a 2x3 piece of mdf and the MR had it cut down to size.

Then we spray painted it with Krylon Ocean Breeze.


So this is the surface we started with

then we added the vinyl which I purchased at JoAnn's and got 50% off.







Then added the drawer pulls as hangers.

I have yet to add a couple more on the tree and then a row at the base of the tree.
And TADA!! This is the final product!

*DISCLAIMER* The picture is of poor quality due to the inhalation of the spray paint fumes... please pardon the semi crooked picture.

No comments: